Painting Gift Basket Idea
Headsup: this page may contain affiliate links as examples of items mentioned on this page. If you buy something through one of them, you won’t pay a penny more but we will get a small commission. disclosure
“If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”
-Vincent Van Gogh
Anyone can paint or draw! Painting does not have to be accurate or realistic. It can also be free-form and abstract.
It’s a way to express your feelings, explore your boundries, releave tension and unwind (are your finger tips tickling with anticipation yet?)
That’s why a paiting gift basket idea is great for everyone! beginners and experienced painters alike.
Choose one, some or all of the gift ideas below depending on your budget and your reciepient. You can go for a comrehensive gift basket covering drawing and differnt types of painting (oil, acrylic, watercolor), or pick a sub-niche.
These gift items can be found at any arts and crafts store, or for a cheaper version, pay a visit to your local dollar store. For one-stop online shopping click on the pictures below to buy them from Amazon.
If you like the concept but don’t have the time to creat your own painting gift basket jump to the bottom of the page for some cool all-in-one solutions.
Painting / Drawing gift basket ingredient list
painting gift items
- Paint – acyrlic paints,oil paints, watercolors. Choose one, some or all depending on your budget and your recipient’s preferences (for acrylic and oil paints, you can also include a color thinner).
- Paint tray palette – to mix colors in.
- Palette knife – to scrap dry paint off palette and mix colors with.
- Paint Brushes – the classic painting gift basket item. Many types to choose from depending on size and filament type (man-made or animal bristles). The brushes in the picture are great for beginners and come with a brush holder too.
- Brush stand / cleaning cup – to clean brushes in. Include a small plastic cup in your gift basket, or for the more professional recipients, add a palette cup with a clip like the one in this picture.
- Rags – to wipe off brushes.
- Paper pad – for watercolor painting.
- Canvas – for acrylics or oil painting.
- Apron – to protect clothes from getting dirty. If it has pockets, it can become your painting gift basket container. Simply place all items in pockets!
drawing gift items
- Color drawing pencils – the ones in this picture come as part of a complete set together with an eraser, sharpener, drawing pad and even a carrying case.
- Paper pad
general gift items
- Book – for beginners go for an instruction book like this drawing book for example. For experienced painters you can go for advanced techniques books or inspirational painting books.
- Magazine – a copy of a magazine about painting or a subscription to one.
- Instruction DVD – some forms of arts are best learned by watching. There are some great instruction DVDs for painting and drawing (click on the links to see some examples).
- Homemade painting / drawing workshop – if you draw or paint yourself, print out one of these blank gift certificates and invite your recipient to a one-on-one workshop with you!
Looking for “all-in-one” painting gift ideas? how about these cool kits?