Affordable Cool Gift Ideas to Include in a Woodworking Gift Basket
Headsup: this page may contain affiliate links as examples of items mentioned on this page. If you buy something through one of them, you won’t pay a penny more but we will get a small commission. disclosure
If your recipient is an avid DYI carpenter or aspires to become one, a woodworking gift basket filled with the below affordable cool gift ideas is an excellent choice!
This gift basket can serve as an excellent birthday gift for him or a father’s day gift basket.
Get some or all of the below affordable items and put together a gift basket any carpentry lover would love to have.
Woodworking gift basket ingredients
- tool box
- Screws and nails– include an assortment of wood screws and nails in different sizes.
- Wood glue
- Sanding paper – a coarse grit paper for initial sanding and a finer grit for a smooth finish.
- Sanding block – a rectangle block to hold sanding paper with. It can even be a piece of wood.
- Bar clamps – to hold wood in place when sawing, gluing etc.
- Tape measure
- Try Square – measures 90 degree angles accurately.
- Screwdriver – both Phillips and Flathead screwdrivers are useful.
- Drill bits -if your recipient has an electric screwdriver / drill. Make sure you get ones for wood.
- Protective mask – very helpful when sanding.
- Protective glasses– to protect eyes against flying splinters and chips when sawing.
- Work gloves
- Tweezers- to get those splinters out.
- Ear plugs
- First aid kit
- Book about woodworking
- Woodworking Magazine – a copy of a magazine about woodworking or even a subscription to one.
- Woodworking project plan – include a beginner’s woodworking project instructions your recipient can try out (there are many free plans on the internet). A cool gift idea will be to also include pre-cut wood for this project so your recipient can have a go at it as soon as you hand him/her this gift basket.
- Self made workshop – If you are a DYIer or carpenter yourself, use one of these blank gift certificates to invite your recipient to a one-on-one workshop with you!
Want to splurge some more? how about a
- Woodworking workshop – a cool gift idea for any aspiring woodworking that doesn’t have the guts to start. Enroll your recipient to one. I participated in a woodworking workshop myself and it was one of the best things I have done.
- Electric saw
- Electric Drill