Movie Gift Baskets for Indoor and Outdoor Movie Lovers
Headsup: this page may contain affiliate links as examples of items mentioned on this page. If you buy something through one of them, you won’t pay a penny more but we will get a small commission. disclosure
Movie gift baskets are great gifts for movie lovers of all ages, whether they like watching movies at the comfort of their own home (within the holy couch-fridge-TV triangle), or at the cinema.
Choose some or all of the below ingredients for a great movie themed gift!
Movie gift basket ingredients
- popcorn box
- film reel box
- 3D glasses– with more and more 3D movies coming out, it’s nice to have a personal pair of 3D glasses, rather than use the cinema’s worn out ones.
- Tissues – very handy for emotional movies / recipients.
- Popcorn – the classic movie themed gift basket ingredient. Throw in a variety of microwave popcorn packs in different flavors, or packs of pre-made popcorn (better to buy than make yourself since homemade popcorn won’t stay fresh for very long). For a funny touch make a popcorn necklace by threading popcorn pieces on a string (use a large needle) and tying the ends together.
- Popcorn maker – get a microwave or an electric popcorn maker and put it in the basket along with a pack of corn for your recipient to pop.
- Snacks – with all due respect to popcorn other snacks are also important items in a movie gift basket. Add classic cinema snacks such as M&Ms, jelly beans, crisps etc.
- Beverage – with all these snacks and popcorn your recipient is bound to be very thirsty.
- Movie DVD – another movie gift basket classic. Choose a movie depending on the recipient’s taste and your budget. Older DVDs tend to be cheaper and there are some cool cult movies out there. I would go for a classic DVD that is fun watching over and over again. Here are a few of my favorites: Mama mia! (The movie), the godfather, Seinfeld (any season), Thelma and Louise, The Usual Suspects, Bridget Jones, Memento. For more inspiration check out this 100 greatest films list.
- Movie tickets / subscription – for the outdoor movie lover get a couple of movie tickets. For a more flexible option get a cinema gift voucher instead. Want to splurge some more? Some cinemas offer cinema subscription cards. What’s better than giving a movie lover unlimited access to movies?
- Babysitting – if your recipient has young children and you included movie tickets/voucher/subscription in your gift basket, you can also add self-made babysitting coupon/s (see free printable coupons page) that the recipient will redeem with you (quantity depends on how much you like to babysit). If babysitting is not your cup of tea you can include a list of optional babysitters + phone numbers instead.
- Movie magazine – for your movie lover to make an educated decision on which film he/she is going to watch next (while you are babysitting perhaps?).
- Movie trivia game – for devoted movie lovers. You can buy a movie trivia game or print out your own trivia cards. Here is a movie trivia website with many movie questions and answers ), and here is another one with trivia questions by categories.
- TV blanket – for stay-at-home movie lovers.
- Movie related items – movie clapper board (the actual prop or a clock / mouse pad / keychain / other item shaped like one), director chair (with your recipient’s name on it), director megaphone etc.
- Film Poster -if you know your recipient’s favorite movie you can include its movie poster in your gift basket (more suitable for the younger crowd. I doubt grandma would hang a poster of Gone with the Wind in her living room…).
- Stream TV/movie service – if your recipient does not have one yet a subscription to Netflix, Hulu or similar provider will change her/his life!